Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Signs kick..

I've been on a "signs" kick lately and wanted to share a few more stories that involve my younger cousins Aedan and Hudson, who are now 6 and 3. I haven't been posting much about suicide lately but these stories are important for the ones that have suffered this type of loss by giving them a sense of comfort.

Aedan and Hudson are my Aunt Holly's boys. They were 4 and 1 at the time my brother had passed. The day following my brother's death Aedan was curious why everyone was so sad. Tara had stayed the night at their house the night Brandon had died. Aedan kept asking my Aunt "Why are you sad, mom?" and wanted to know why she and everyone else was crying. She would tell him she was sad about Brandon and that he was no longer here with us. Aedan had responded to her saying "Mom, Don't worry about Brandon. Those angels came down from heaven and took him". We all know that a four year old has a hard time grasping the concept of someone dying. For him to say this was quite shocking for all of us. Sure,  my aunt had brought him to church but they didn't go on a regular basis at that time. One of the times that they did go after Brandon passed, Aedan had pointed at one of the Saint statues in the church and said "That is one of the ones that came down and got Brandon". I can't remember the name of the Saint at this time, but my grandma knows the name. There were times after Brandon died that Aedan would get sad and cry and tell my aunt that he was missing Brandon. My grandma had talked these incidents with someone that she knew from the church and they told her that for Aedan to have said what he did at such a young age, someone would have had to show him.

Hudson was only 1at the time when Brandon died. When we would show him a picture of Brandon, he would point at it and say "B. Happy" then he would kiss the picture. The first time we seen him do this, our eyes filled up with tears. This happened within the first after Brandon passing. He would point at his grave site and say the same thing "B. Happpppy"

I don't know how they knew these things but they had to have picked it up from some where. I'm not sure if Brandon was the one who went to them and some how showed them these things to relay the information to help us, but I feel like it was another one of his signs for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment