Thursday, March 29, 2012

"Over you"

I know I have been seriously neglecting this blog lately, but I have been busy with my last 3 classes until graduation. I also made a spontaneous trip home to the UP this past weekend and got to catch up with family and friends. It was nice.

While I was up there my friend, Tara had mentioned Miranda Lambert's new song "over you" and that it reminded her of our friend Shannon,who passed away over a year ago to a bursting brain aneurysm. I have heard the song many times and liked it but I guess I never really payed much attention to the words until recently. The song was written for Miranda's husband, Blake Shelton, who's brother died in a car accident. Well, I heard this song on my way back downstate Monday morning and cried pretty hard.

This song pretty much puts some of my thoughts about death into perspective. Not death all together, but when a young person dies too soon. It reminds me of my friend and my brother, but has a different meaning for each one of them.

When I hear this song and think of my brother and hear the part "You went away. How dare you?" I think about how he made his own choice to leave us behind.

Then when I think of Shannon I feel sad because I miss her and it was just way too soon for her to go.

Here's the video with the lyrics:


No comments:

Post a Comment